Friday, January 13, 2012

Paper Clip Love Birds

A few years ago I made these little love birds, and I have enjoyed pulling them out each year for Valentine's Day. I think they are so cute...they just make me happy! They are also really easy to make and you probably already have all the supplies you need to make them. Yay!

Here's how:

1. Gather materials. All you need is scraps of red/white/pink paper and two paper clips per bird. I prefer the big thick paper clips...they make stronger birdie legs.

Step 2: Bend the paper clips into legs by following the pictures shown below:

The last bend you will have to make is so they stand up. I had to wiggle and bend and wiggle and bend until mine stood up on their own.


Step 3: Cut out a bird body (front and back), a wing, and a beak from coordinating paper. Tape or glue the tops of the paper clip legs to the back side of the paper body and glue the other paper over the paper clips, sandwiching them in so the pretty sides of the paper are showing. Add a beak, wings, and eyes and you are done! If you wanted to get fancy, you could even add a little feather sticking out of the tail.
Now you just need to find a perch for your happy little love birds!
If your love birds are a little tipsy, you could cut out a coordinating circle of cardstock to use as a base. Glue the legs to the paper and your birds will be a lot more stable.

11 comments:

  1. i have now figured out my daughter's birthday invites, thanks for the idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are too cute! I am making some now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute birds!

    I linked to your tutorial on my blog - thanks for sharing!

    doro K.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are sooooo cute! I will be making these for sure...thanks for sharing!
    Charlotte from AZ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! What a cuuute DIY for Easter. I just posted it on my blog: http://schoenstricken.de/2013/03/diy-ostern-papiervogelchen-basteln/
    Thanks for sharing!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing. I love this!
    Will bring this idea for coming mission trip to Japan!
    God bless you =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. And I hope you travel safely and have a wonderful experience!

      Delete
  7. These could easily be yellow chicks for later in the spring or Easter time. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant idea! Now I can't wait for spring just so I can make some little chickies!

      Delete
  8. These are so cute, and I love the Easter chicks idea too!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments will post after approval.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...