Friday, April 3, 2009

100% Whole Wheat Bread

This is my favorite wheat bread recipe. It makes a tasty loaf and is very healthy. And as an added bonus, it has NO FAT! Yee Haw! I mix the dough in my bread machine, then bake it in the oven. This bread makes the most amazing toast I have ever tasted....we're talking toast that rivals a hot fudge sundae. Well, almost. My husband, Mr. I-Hate-Whole-Grain-Food devours this stuff.

1 5/8 cups water
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons salt
4 2/3 cups whole wheat flour
3 teaspoons active dry yeast
1/2-1 teaspoon cinnamon*
1 teaspoon vital wheat gluten

Add ingredients to bread machine in order and let the machine mix everything up. When the dough cycle is finished (including raising time), shape the dough and place it in a greased bread pan. Raise in a warm place for about 30 minutes. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.

*DO NOT leave out the cinnamon. Trust me. It takes this loaf to the next level. Seriously.

3 comments:

  1. Where do you get the vital wheat gluten? I tried the co-op, but the lady just showed me gluten flour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I'll have to try this. I have tried your recipes before and they turned out fantastic! Does it make one or two loaves?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The previous comment was from me... Marcie. Guess that's what happens when you have a shared computer :) --Marcie

    ReplyDelete

Hey readers! Leave me a note... I read each and every comment and I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...